Epsom & Ewell Borough Council will shortly be conducting its annual canvass.
Every year, the council is legally required to contact each household in the Borough to find out if there have been any changes to who is eligible to be registered to vote at each address.
Residents will receive one or more of the below:
- A confirmation letter on green paper sent by post. Residents will be asked to check the names of people living at their address. A response is only needed if there is a change or update to the information printed on the letter.
- A canvass form sent on yellow paper by post. This form will ask the resident to confirm who is currently eligible to vote in their household. By law, a response must be provided to this form.
- An email communication in relation to the above if the resident has previously provided an email address to Electoral Services.
How to respond
To confirm or update the details for a household:
- Visit www.householdresponse.com/epsomandewell. In the login page, please enter both parts of the security code that is on the letter, canvass form or email you have received.
- If there are no changes, residents can also respond by calling 0800 197 9871
If the resident is asked to respond to a canvass communication and doesn’t, we will make other attempts to get a response, which may include reminder forms, a telephone call or a visit to the property, so please respond as soon as you receive the information request from us.
If a resident has any questions about how to respond to the letter, form or email, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.