Stay alert in our parks
The borough's green spaces have been very busy this week and likely to be so over this weekend.
The latest government lockdown rules mean that you can now spend more time outdoors – for example sitting in parks and enjoying the fresh air. For government guidance on accessing green spaces safely see: https://www.gov.uk/government/news/coronavirus-guidance-on-access-to-green-spaces
Please use and enjoy our parks and green spaces
- exercise as often as you wish - following social distancing guidelines
- meet one other person from a different household outdoors - following social distancing guidelines
- use outdoor sports facilities (if re-opened) such as a tennis or basketball courts, with members of your household, or one other person - following social distancing guidelines
- continue to stay local, but you can drive to a green space if absolutely necessary. Please avoid public transport wherever possible and walk or cycle where you can.
See the government video by clicking on this image
(opens in new window)
Despite these changes to the rules, it’s still possible for the coronavirus to spread from person to person, so please ensure you observe the social distancing guidelines, make sure you keep 2 metres apart from anyone that you do not live with.
Please try to minimise contact with each other (eg no hand-shaking) and while on pathways, warn other users of your presence and step aside to let others pass.
As with before, you still cannot:
- use an outdoor gym, playground or skate park that has been closed
- gather in a group of more than two (excluding members of your own household)
When using parks or green spaces, it is vital that you take these steps:
- Do not visit a park if you have any symptoms – fever, coughs, shortness of breath
- Please consider that people without gardens rely on parks more, if you have a garden, make use of this space for exercise and fresh air
- To ensure you can continue to observe social distancing, use all areas of the park that remain open, not just the paths, so you can maintain 2 metres distance from others
- Avoid touching surfaces (such as gates or hand-rails) and then your mouth and face
- Please take all your litter home.