Six steps is all it takes
Ways to improve your mood and reduce stress
Do you want to reduce stress in your day-to-day life? It’s easier than you think to boost your mood, improve your relationships and reduce your risk of depression.
The Wheel of Well-being has six simple steps you can take each day to help you become more positive.
- Give – Volunteer in your spare time or arrange a charity bake sale at work
- Connect – Meet friends and family after work or catch up with a colleague on your break
- Be active – Get off the bus a stop early and walk the rest of your journey or take the stairs instead of using the lift.
- Care – Looking after the planet is good for mental wellbeing and life satisfaction, so make an effort to remember that bag for life each time you shop and to take your reusable cup and water bottle to work.
- Keep learning – Read a book on your way to work or learn something new, perhaps a new language?
- Take notice – Go for a walk in your lunchbreak and explore the local area.
In Surrey, one fifth of adults suffer from at least one mental health condition, but having open conversations can help people feel more comfortable to seek help. If you or someone you know might benefit from local support for mental health, visit the Healthy Surrey website. You can also find more tips and information about the Wheel of Well-being online.