Epsom Mental Health Week
With the annual event only days away, this month we give some key facts around Epsom Mental Health Week
- Epsom Mental Health Week is organised by Love Me Love My Mind, a small local registered charity
- The event takes place 5 – 11 October
- The aim of the week is to promote a better understanding of mental health and to support the wellbeing of everyone in the local community
- The event has been running for seven years
- This year’s theme is 'For Your Peace of Mind'
- There will be 41 activities / talks during the week
- Love Me Love My Mind is run entirely by volunteers
- 1 in 4 of us will experience a mental health problem in any one year
- Mixed anxiety and depression is the most common mental disorder in Britain
- About 10% of children have a mental health problem at any one time
- Depression affects 1 in 5 older people
- Self-harm statistics for the UK show one of the highest rates in Europe: 400 per 100,000 population
- Epsom Mental Health Week coincides with World Mental Health Day on Friday 10 October.
A timetable of the week’s events can be found on the Love Me Love My Mind website: