Five things you can do...
A Surrey-wide campaign, led by the county council and supported by all the Surrey borough and district councils, health care providers, police and other relevant public service agencies has been launched. For more information please visit: www.surreycc.gov.uk/coronavirus
The five things are:
- Keeping up to date and following the official advice at www.nhs.uk/coronavirus
- Sharing only official information and guidance from trusted sources – not spreading rumour or panic
- Staying sensible – washing hands regularly, keeping physical distance from each other
- Thinking about what help you need or how you can help
- And making sure we’re keeping in touch with each other and keep our minds healthy
In addition a new community helpline has been established to direct you to services that can help during the coronavirus pandemic.
Community Helpline number: 0300 200 1008 (Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm).
This community phone line is here for two things:
- To help direct residents who need support, such as picking up shopping, prescription collections or having someone who can be a telephone friend, to services who can help.
- To provide advice on where to register your offer of help to support your community.
It is not a medical helpline. For any medical enquiries you need to visit https://111.nhs.uk/covid-19/.